Indian and Chinese soldiers had a clash at Naku La in North Sikkim last week with many injuries reported, a government source said.
The situation is said to be under control as of now.
Naku La, incidentally, was one of the original India-China face-off sites, along with Ladakh in early-May last year.
The government source said the clash took place three days ago.
It happened while both the countries’ government and military were readying for another round of talks to resolve border dispute.
On Sunday, India and China held a 16-hour marathon military dialogue that ended at after 2am on Monday to resolve the ongoing order dispute and to find a way of thinning the forces along the border.
The ninth Corps Commander level talks between both the countries took place at the Moldo Meeting point in Ladakh.
Lieutenant General PGK Menon, the Corps Commander of Leh-based HQ 14 Corps, led the Indian delegation.
India has sought complete disengagement and withdrawal of forces from the disputed areas.
It happened after almost two months after the last dialogue.
The details of the meeting were yet to come. The military commanders will convey the details of the meeting to the Prime Minister’s Office.
On June 15, 2020, India lost 20 soldiers during a violent clash at Galwan Valley with Chinese People’s Liberation Army soldiers. The Chinese never made their casualty figures public.
India and China are engaged in a nine-month-long standoff at the LAC. Despite several levels of dialogue, there has not been any breakthrough and the deadlock continues.